Friday, September 15, 2006

How can we practice the teachings actually?


The Buddha taught that the origin of suffering is called the Three Poisons: greed, anger and ignorance. Greed is wanting, wanting, wanting. This first thing we can learn to control: what do we really need? Then only take what we need, and not more than that. Anger!!! Who can say "I am free from anger"? Everything and everyone seems to cause us upset...think a little, isn't it? So, we have to be carefull about the cause of this anger, because things are like they are and the world is the way it is...we can live a peaceful life if we accept the things as they are. Right now, my neighbor is hammering a wall, and I could say: "he is making me anger!", but may be he needs to fix his home, so I can think: "ok, it wont last forever, it'll pass soon". Ignorance is not the absence of knowledge, but the idea of "me" and "other". When we realize that everybody needs each other to live, we can let go that kind of ignorance.
Now, go and practice step by step. Be happy!

No comments: